Recently, Massachusetts Attorney General, Maura Healy alleged that the Sackler family (owners of Purdue Pharma) are responsible for the Oxycontin/Opioid epidemic in America.
All I can say here is: Here we go again with the blame game.
Im not saying that the Sackler family (or the rest of Big Pharma in America) is innocent.
What Im saying is Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.
I say this because the biggest criminal organization in the world is our political system.
- Has AG Maura ever stopped to wonder why Pain Clinics are now one of the leading health care industries in America? (No one ever heard of a Pain Clinic before Bush’s war on Iraq searching for non-existent WMD).
- Congress is heavily involved in the whole situation. Under Obama, Congress passed legislation that prevented the DEA from monitoring opiate pain medication production and distribution. The votes were about 90% yay and Obama quickly signed it into law, later claiming he did not know what was in it.
- This lawsuit against the Sackler family will get thrown out when the MA attorney general gets the call from Pelosi.
- In the meantime, I doubt the AG is truly worried about drug deaths. Otherwise she would be furious with her pal, NY Gov Cuomo, who just legalized killing babies up to the day of delivery.
- Are those deaths meaningless to her?
But heres the rub.
While these self-righteous politicians claim theyre getting tough on corporate criminals, we (taxpayers) end up paying for their crimes.
Eventually, the accused gets away with a slap-on-the-wrist fine (like most Wall Street banks) and everyone becomes nicey-nice again.
If youre offended by this, then good you should be (Its a preview of whats coming in our governments desperate hunt for more taxes).
Read more about it (HERE).
And feel free to share this with a friend or family member.